This right person for this role needs to be within the New Zealand time zone to be considered. You need to ensure that you have a suitable home working environment. This includes making a workspace available that meets occupational health and safety standards. You are required to work 40 hours per week. Although the working hours are flexible, we ask that you work in large blocks of time during the day, so that the quality of your work is not affected. We reserve the right to ask you to work normal daily business hours (8am until 6pm Monday to Friday) if required to do so in the future.
You are primarily responsible for the speed and reliability of our technical platform. In that regard, you will manage:
- Our technical infrastructure, so that it’s scalable and performant.
- The development environments, rolling out continual improvements to optimize release cycles.
- All error logs, proactively investigating and solving technical issues.
- The speed of the application, continual measuring speed levels and rolling out improvements to boost them.
- Troubleshooting production issues and coordinating fixes
- Streamlining code deployment processes
- Implementing automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Conducting systems tests for security, performance, and availability
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security
- Assisting the team with software development, as directed
- Developing and maintaining documentation
- Undertaking code reviews
- # technical errors per week
- Average page load times
- Server uptimes per month
- Proven .Net experience
- Linux experience
- Experience in automation
- Previously used TeamCity
- Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- AWS expertise (CloudFormation, EC2, IAM, Networking, Route53, VPC)
- Strong understanding of microservice and distributed application architectures
- Appreciation and understanding of security considerations
- Solid understanding of DNS concepts
- Experience with advanced networking (VPNs, managing routing tables and subnets)
- 5 years senior development experience
- Solid .Net experience using ES6
- Knowledge of MSSQL
- Exposure to React and NodeJS a big plus