- Independently perform assignments in the design, detailed configuration, integration and support of existing and future technologies within assigned technical area of expertise.
- Perform problem diagnosis, initiate problem resolution and provide ongoing life-cycle support for technology deployments and upgrades
Delivery & Documentation
- Create and maintain detailed design documents, diagrams, engineering specifications, configuration, technical implementation plans, trouble shooting and support guides, systems metrics and over project information.
- Ensure that build activities are completed per engineering diagrams and in alignment with architecture and security standards.
Leadership and Partnerships
- Manage effective relationships and work in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions that are stable, secure, scalable and manageable.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise in designing and implementing stable, secure and manageable solutions.
- Utilise performance data and historical metrics to effectively: plan for growth, plan upgrades, migrations, optimizations and new implementations; identify and resolve efficiency issues; and improve overall functionality.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams
· Relevant qualification in related field. CCNP, CCDP etc. CCIE advantageous
· Solid background in network administration and architecture
· In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
· Familiarity with access control models and network security
· Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl)
· Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
· Solid understanding of network operating systems (NEXOS, Cisco IOS)
Overall experience we're looking for:
- Extensive experience in a network design environment gained in an ISP or telco or major enterprise environment
- A minimum of 10 years in the IT Network Infrastructure field, focusing on design and operations
- Strong understanding of IT operations and project engineering
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation that values it's team members and their career growth!