The purpose of this role is to provide system administration support and monitoring for all servers, databases, monitoring and reporting tools. Administer the company's corporate Nutanix chassis plus lead the creation and support of the operation systems support (OSS) infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have a telecommunications background, as well as further experience across many of the following:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Unix and Linux variants (e.g. Debian, Redhat, Centos, GNU)
- Solid understanding of virtualisation technologies and experience with virtual hypervisors/clusters (e.g. VMware, MS Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV)
- Experience in Routing/Switching protocols
- A sound understanding of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Experience supporting monitoring of core services e.g. Nagios, Cacti,, Solarwinds, Splunk
- Experience of Firewalling Technologies to a senior level e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Brocade (Iptables, Ipchains, ISA servers and firewall applications)
- A solid understanding of Penetration Testing methodologies
- A thorough understanding of Email, especially at the smtp layer incl MS Exchange; O365 and mailbox management
- An senior knowledge of the Domain Name System (DNS) and New Zealand registration requirements (BIND, Unbound, DHCP)
- A strong understanding of various File Serving Protocols and storage management (NFS, SMB – SaMBa, FTP, iSCSI, FC, NAS etc)
- A expert knowledge of Database Design and Management (SQL; Access etc)
- Experience with automation (shell scripts, python, etc)
- Strong AD security and implementation
- Licensing management and reporting.
- Strong Nutanix Management experience including LDAP auth.
- Microsoft Security patching & testing
- Microsoft Azure SQL migration experience prefered
- ICT Policies reviews, update and maintenance as required by change / DIA.
- ICT Service Catalogue reviews, update and maintenance as required by change / DIA.
- Deployment / imaging system design, build and maintenance.
- Server builds: including PSTN; Spatial licensing and service/reporting servers
- Any knowledge of Oracle and Autocad welcome
If you think you'd be a great fit for this role, please apply now or get in touch with someone from our Comspek team.