- Assist Solution Architect in the design process
- Estimate work packages and assist in the technical content creation for Statements of Work
- Assist in technical evaluation and response to client RFIs and RFPs
- Build and configure bespoke network and security solutions.
- Work both on-site and remotely on customer infrastructure including edge, access and hosted services.
- Create and maintain high quality technical documentation for both internal and customer use.
- Provide technical mentoring and knowledge transfer to other engineering teams (e.g. Managed Networks, Network Operations Centre).
- Analyse and identify improvements in product design, customer delivery & support processes.
Skills we're looking for:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in network support/engineering role.
- Hold a current CCNP, JNCIP and NSE certification (Desirable)
- Experience with a variety of vendor networking equipment but especially Fortinet, Juniper, Extreme and Cradlepoint product suites (Desirable)
- LAN, WAN, Security, Wireless, Voice, experience and specialist certifications
- Design experience in LAN, WAN/SD-WAN, Security and Voice (Desirable).
- Knowledge of service provider routing and switching protocols including ISIS, MPLS, L3 VPNs, L2 VPNs, and BGP.
- Deep knowledge of enterprise routing and switching protocols including OSPF, RIP, ARP, Spanning Tree, DHCP (v4 and v6).
- Deep knowledge of Internet protocols including TCP/IP (v4 and v6), NAT, DHCP and DNS.
- Excellent knowledge of DNS and RADIUS.
- Experience of identity-based security solutions
- Some Unix / Linux skill (Desirable).
- Programming and/or automation experience (Desirable)
- Experience with network monitoring and management systems (Netflow, SNMP, Cacti).
- Clear analytical thinking and ability to analyse complex technical information to get to the heart of complex problems and issues.
- The ability to train and mentor others.
This is a great opportunity to join a supportive company that genuinely values its people!
Please note that this role can be based in either Christchurch, Wellington or Auckland with a few days WFH.