Join a fun and dynamic environment with with a number of perks, such as a mobile plan, a company laptop and a home internet connection, as well as health care insurance and life, income protection and trauma cover. They also offer flexible working (work from home and flexible work hours) as well as personal development opportunities through continuous education and training.
- Technical leadership – Demonstrate technical leadership in the Network, Infrastructure and Information Security space and lead and mentor more junior technical resources.
- Internal Infrastructure projects – Network and Infrastructure solutions design under the guidance of the Network Architect, Implementation of new solutions and enhancements to existing infrastructure systems (both on premise at our datacentres and in the cloud).
- Drive standardization, design and operational best practices – Under the guidance of the network architect create and maintain high-level and detailed technical designs, implementation and test plans, engineering templates, and other documentation.
- Technical documentation – Deliver accurate technical documentation, network diagrams, configurations, and implementation plans.
- Level-3/4 troubleshooting – Act as the ultimate internal escalation point for complex Network faults. As a senior technical resource, you may be required to deal with major incidents and lead the troubleshooting and resolution of complex faults.
- Network Management / Capacity Planning / Process improvement and Automation - The Senior Network Engineer will provide in-depth and insightful interpretation of monitoring data and appropriate management of internal network and infrastructure systems so as to optimise performance and minimise downtime, perform proactive capacity planning and enable effective support / provisioning. In addition to that, the ability to assess, recommend and introduce new network and infrastructure management systems will be essential.
- 5-7 years in a Network Engineer role.
- Cisco CCNP/CCIE Service Provider and/or Juniper JNCIS-SP/JNCIP level.
- Solid knowledge and experience with key ISP/WAN technology such as MPLS architecture, transit/peering, BGP, OSPF, QoS, VRF, MPLS, QinQ, IPv6, DNS, BNG Subscriber Management, eVPN, VXLAN.
- A high standard of planning, documenting, task and project management. Ability to run projects independently.
- Ability to lead and contribute to technical discussions and have up-to-date knowledge on the latest industry trends and technology.
- Proven design/engineering experience and methodologies (i.e. this is not a NOC/Operations type of role).
- Senior level 3/4 troubleshooting skills.
- Sound knowledge and experience with firewalls.
- Basic Linux system administration.
- An ability to work under pressure when urgent issues arise. The role at times requires the ability to perform occasional after-hours overtime to meet deadlines or assist with the troubleshooting and resolution of high-severity incidents. In return, the company will also provide you with a large degree of autonomy and flexibility.
- Automation experience (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
- CISSP or equivalent Information Security training or certification.
- Scripting skills, Python, Go/Goland development
- Monitoring and Data analysis tools (e.g. Elasticsearch/Kibana/Logz.io, ClickHouse, Splunk, Grafana, Zabbix etc.)
- ITIL Foundation and IT Service Management training/certification/concepts.
- Azure / AWS / Megaport experience
- SD-WAN experience
Join one of the country’s fastest growing network and system integrators in delivering award-winning IT business solutions. You will support organisations throughout New Zealand and around the globe with between 30-300 employees.
- 10+ years of work experience in a relavent role for medium to large sized organisations.
- Experience with Managed Services customers.
- Excellent working knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Experience with Fortinet and Palo Alto.
- LAN/WAN Design/Architecture
- Incident response for calls - 3rd level
- Escalation point for junior engineers
- Customer engagement (Roadmaps, upgrades)
- Extensive knowledge in routing and switching protocols including MPLS, L3 VPNs, L2 VPNs, SDWAN